If you get it, share it
Mike T. suggested that this be posted in a separate discussion thread and it is a very good idea. I also need to expand and clarify some of the topic points.
There are some guidelines I would like to follow during this election process:
1. No person administering the election process may be a candidate.
2. Self nominations are welcomed.
3. Any candidate who is not self nominated will confirm they are willing to serve in the role.
4. Anyone running unopposed for a position will automatically win. If there are two or more candidates for any position, then the membership will vote on who will fill that slot. The person receiving the greatest number of votes for a specific position will be declared the winner.
5. In the event of a tie vote for any one position, the winner will be determined by a coin flip.
6. The nomination window will last for three days.
7. The election will be administered electronically.
8. The election window will last 24 hours.
9. If there are no nominations for a specific position, then the president will fill the position by appointment.
The positions are:
Instead of expanding the thread with nominations, please send your nomination privately to me and then I'll go through the confirmation process and post. Please contact me directly through the messaging feature on this site or you may contact me at burnleyj at gmail dot com (you all should know how to translate that).
Unless anyone objects, we'll use the roles presented in this thread and nominations are now open. Nominations will close this Friday at 5:30 PM CST.
Good luck to everyone.